Friday, October 11, 2013

Showcase: ta2nb's Pixelated Movie Posters







When was the last time you saw a geek-art tribute to Roman Holiday? Or The Graduate? I would argue that Gregory Peck has never been presented in pixel form before, nor will he ever be again.

Did you know that there was a franchise tie-in game called The NeverEnding Story II, developed by LinEL and released in 1990 on DOS and Amiga (and before that, a NeverEnding Story game for the Commodore 64, which I never played)? It was insanely hard and it was all in German (or maybe I just happened to end up with a German-language edition) and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone, but for some reason when I was thirteen I thought it was amazing. There was also a game released in 2001 by The Adventure Company called Auryn Quest where you play as Atreyu. It looks pretty sub-par, although I'd have to play it to be sure.

[ta2nb's Blog]

No comments:

Post a Comment