Monday, January 28, 2013

Triptych: Davros Burnin' Rubber


"2 Hearts" (t-shirt) by BazNet


"Davros Hotrod" (t-shirt) by Psychobilly Tee


"Exterminate" by ElectroLED

If you are of a certain age (like me), you may remember reading CARtoons in the '80s and early '90s (or earlier, if you're older than I am). Kids of my generation typically read Mad and Cracked, but for some reason CARtoons was my joint, probably because my dad was a car guy and old-school hot-rodder. CARtoons ran from 1959 to 1991, when it sadly folded just I was getting into it; to this day I get nostalgic whenever I see a cartoonish illustration of a muscle car.

Anyway, that Davros Hotrod piece up there by Psychobilly Tee, nominally a reference to Big Daddy Roth's distinctive art style, reminded me of CARtoons. I don't imagine that there's much of an overlap between Doctor Who fandom and Kustom Kulture - this might be the sum total to date.

No comments:

Post a Comment